Colwyn Bay 1-2 Droylsden

The Bloods took all three points from North Wales despite having to play 85 minutes of the game with ten men.

Steven Rigby was shown a straight red by the referee who adjudged his tackle a foul on the edge of the area and the full back being the last man.

Droylsden had started the game well, Marsh forcing Rutter to save from his header in the opening minute and Reece Webb Foster testing the keeper again shortly before the sending off.

With Liam Caddick moved to left back, following the dismissal it was they who took the lead on nineteen minutes, Webb Foster’s first goal from the club, curling into the top corner from the edge of the area.

Falling behind revitalised the home team who were level five minutes later, a ball over the top catching the centre of defence out and Mullholland squeezing the ball past Thompson.

The Bloods keeper came to the rescue minutes later tipping a Thornton Free kick over the bar, and was twice more forced into action, saving well from Ashley Woods and again from close range to deny Barrigan just before the half time whistle.

The second half saw Shaun Holden taking up the left back position as Dave Pace shuffled the pack, taking Marsh off and moving Caddick back up the field with Caddick himself replaced shortly after by new signing Ryan Hopper.

The Bloods defence absorbed much of the home team’s pressure, Bay being forced into long range shots and when they did get through, Thompson was called into action saving well.

With just a quarter of an hour left, Droylsden took the lead, Gonzales glancing Hopper’s cross past Rutter into the far corner.

Again the Bloods defence absorbed Bay’s pressure and the home team’s only real chance came in the five minutes of added time, Thompson again saving well at close distance from Ethan Devine

Back to back wins for the Bloods who now have three consecutive home games to march up the table

Star man Chris Thompson

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *